HarBUG is hosting a Campus Cycle to Work Day on Wednesday 18th April.
It’s time to go to the shed, dust down your cycle, pump up the tyres, oil the chain and cycle to work. If you have been cycling to work all through the winter then celebrate the start of spring and better cycling weather.
Don’t forget to tell colleagues and get them to ditch the car for the day and try cycling to work.
It is a great event to meet other cyclists who commute to the campus or to try cycling to work by joining one of our escorted rides in to the Campus.
There will be a free breakfast for cyclists, sponsored by Harwell Campus, for any Campus staff who cycle to work on the Cycle to Work Day. Vegetarian option available. Breakfast will be served at the Harwell Pavilion, Thomson Entrance between 07:30 to 09:00.
There will be free Science Vale cycle maps and other information available.
If you have never cycled to work before or are getting back in the saddle then join one of our easy paced escorted rides to the Campus, suitable for all fitness levels. Just turn up before the departure time detailed below:
- Didcot Parkway, Brompton hire lockers – Depart 07:50
- Wantage, Nelson Pub – Depart 07:45
- Grove, Millbrook Square – Depart 07:30
Please download the poster for the event and display it on your organisation’s notice board: Cycle to Work Day Poster April 2018
Please download the word document and publish on your organisation’s intranet / newsletter / email: Cycle to Work Day Intranet April 2018
- If you are joining the escorted rides, please ensure your cycle is road worthy.
- Cycle helmets are not mandatory on escorted rides but are recommended.
- Ride leaders for the escorted rides will be wearing HarBUG fluorescent jackets.
- We cannot connect the Didcot ride with trains from Oxford and Reading due to restrictions carrying cycles on some trains and timetable changes.
- Free breakfasts will be available whilst stocks last.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We are looking for ride leaders for the escorted rides from Didcot, Wantage and Grove. If you could help HarBUG out by leading a ride please contact email@example.com
Event kindly sponsored by Harwell Campus: