HARfest 2021 – Cycle to Work Day & Bike Doctor Wed. 22nd Sept.
Starting back working on Campus? Hybrid Working? Why not start with a better way to commute and improve your physical and mental health and enjoy a reliable and fun commute.
Wednesday 22nd September is HARfest, which is a day of events around the campus, including the opening of the DiSH food area. HarBUG will be running a Cycle to Work Day with rides into the Campus and a free breakfast at DiSH, sponsored by Harwell Campus. Mountain Mania will be running a Bike Doctor surgery at DiSH.
Cycle to Work
If you have thought about cycling to work join our easy paced group rides from Wantage or Didcot to the Campus. A free breakfast will be served at DiSH on Curie Avenue.
Not Cycled to the Campus for a While? – Get back in the saddle and check out the improvements to the Campus routes, a new route from Wantage and a traffic free Chilton Road at Upton from Didcot.
Hybrid Working? – Why not make your Campus working days cycle to work days?
Supercharge Your Commute! – Our main routes are mainly off-road through the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside giving a boost to your mental and physical health & wellbeing.
Just turn up at one of our Group rides, suitable for all fitness levels.
- Didcot Parkway, Cycle Hub – Depart 07:50
- Wantage, Nelson Pub – Depart 07:45
Breakfasts are served at DiSH, Curie Avenue from 07:30 to 09:00.
Cycle to Work Event Notes
- If you are joining the escorted rides, please ensure your cycle is road worthy.
- Cycle helmets are not mandatory on escorted rides but are recommended.
- Ride leaders for the escorted rides will be wearing HarBUG fluorescent jackets.
- We cannot connect the Didcot ride with trains from Oxford and Reading due to restrictions carrying cycles on some trains and timetable changes.
- Free breakfasts will be available whilst stocks last.
- You must have cycled to the Campus on the day and work on the Campus to be eligible for the free breakfast.
- Please note we will not have access to the Harwell Pavilion at this event.
- Participants join the event at their own risk.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Bike Doctor Surgery
Mountain Mania will be running a Bike Doctor Surgery at DiSH during lunchtime. Bring your cycle along for a free checkup and tune up.
Notes for Bike Doctor Surgery:
- Cycle Surgery works on a first come first served basis.
- Labour is provided free any parts must be paid for by the cycle owner.
- The Cycle Surgery is provided for basic adjustments, tuning or minor repairs to cycles only. We reserve the right to refuse any cycle if the work required will require too much time to complete. The amount of time available will depend on the number of cycles left for work and a judgement call from either Mountain Mania or a HarBUG representative, this will be be non-negotiable.
- Cycles are left at the Cycle Surgery at the owner’s own risk.
- Cycles must be collected before the finishing time, check with Mountain Mania on the day.
- HarBUG is not responsible for any damage, loss or theft of any cycles using the Cycle Surgery.