It doesn’t take a genius to realise the benefits of cycling to work – Join in
We have a Campus Cycle to Work Day which is a great way to try cycling to work with one of our easy paced escorted rides to the campus from Didcot, Wantage or Grove, suitable for all fitness levels. Just turn up before the departure time detailed below:
- Didcot Parkway, Brompton hire lockers – Depart 07:50
- Wantage, Nelson Pub – Depart 07:45
- Grove, Millbrook Square – Depart 07:30
If you already cycle to work, it is great event to meet other cyclists who commute to the campus.
There will be a free breakfast for cyclists, sponsored by Ricardo, for any Campus staff who cycle to work on the Cycle to Work Day. Vegetarian option available. Breakfast will be served at the Harwell Pavilion, Thomson Entrance between 07:30 to 09:00.
Please download the poster for the event and display it on your organisation’s notice board: Cycle to Work Day Poster – April 2019
Please download the word document and publish on your organisation’s intranet / newsletter / email: Cycle to Work Day – April 2019
Notes for Cycle to Work Day:
- If you are joining the escorted rides, please ensure your cycle is road worthy.
- Cycle helmets are not mandatory on escorted rides but are recommended.
- Ride leaders for the escorted rides will be wearing HarBUG fluorescent jackets.
- We cannot connect the Didcot ride with trains from Oxford and Reading due to restrictions carrying cycles on some trains and timetable changes.
- Free breakfasts will be available whilst stocks last.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.