Wednesday 30th March is a Campus Cycle to Work Day with escorted rides into the Campus and a free breakfast at DiSH, sponsored by Harwell Campus. There will be a Bike Doctor surgery at DiSH during lunchtime.
Cycle to Work
If you have thought about cycling to work, why not join our easy paced group rides from Wantage or Didcot to the Campus? A free breakfast will be served at DiSH on Curie Avenue.
Fed up with paying through the nose for petrol? – Why not cycle to work, save your money, get the many mental and physical health benefits and get a predictable journey time. No need for petrol, cyclists run on food and drink (fuel with no tax or VAT). As an introductory offer we will ‘fill your tank’ for free with a cyclists breakfast at DiSH.
Not Cycled to the Campus for a While? – Get back in the saddle and check out the improvements to the Campus routes, a new route from Wantage and a traffic free Chilton Road at Upton from Didcot.
Hybrid Working? – Why not make your Campus working days cycle to work days?
Supercharge Your Commute! – Our main routes are mainly off-road through the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside giving a boost to your mental and physical health & wellbeing.
Just turn up at one of our Group rides, suitable for all fitness levels.
- Didcot Parkway, Cycle Hub – Depart 07:50
- Wantage, Nelson Pub – Depart 07:45
Breakfasts are served at DiSH, Curie Avenue from 07:30 to 09:00.
If you are a regular cycle commuter, please join our group rides and help show new cyclists the joys of cycle commuting or don’t forget to call in at DiSH for a free breakfast and to say hello.
Cycle to Work Event Notes
- If you are joining the escorted rides, please ensure your cycle is road worthy.
- Cycle helmets are not mandatory on escorted rides but are recommended.
- Ride leaders for the escorted rides will be wearing HarBUG fluorescent jackets.
- Free breakfasts will be available whilst stocks last.
- You must have cycled to the Campus on the day and work on the Campus to be eligible for the free breakfast.
- Please note we will not have access to the Harwell Pavilion at this event.
- Participants join the event at their own risk.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Bike Doctor Surgery
Slime Cycleworks will be running a Bike Doctor Surgery during lunchtime at DiSH (11:30 to 13:30) . Bring your cycle along for a free checkup and tune up. Drop your bike off and grab a bite to eat and a drink whilst your bike is being tuned up.
Notes for Bike Doctor Surgery:
- Bike Doctor Surgery works on a first come first served basis.
- Labour is provided free, any parts must be paid for by the cycle owner.
- The Bike Doctor Surgery is provided for basic adjustments, tuning or minor repairs to cycles only. We reserve the right to refuse any cycle if the work required will require too much time to complete. The amount of time available will depend on the number of cycles left for work and a judgement call from Slime Cycleworks, this will be be non-negotiable.
- Cycles are left at the Bike Doctor Surgery at the owner’s own risk.
- Cycles must be collected before the finishing time, check with Slime Cycleworks on the day.
- HarBUG is not responsible for any damage, loss or theft of any cycles using the Bike Doctor Surgery.
Please download our poster and display on your organisations notice board or intranet / web site: Cycle to work day 2022 poster.