We are running a Campus Cycle to Work day on Thursday 6th July as part of the Harwell Green Week. To help anybody who wants to cycle to work but needs help or encouragement to take the first step, join one of our guided rides (suitable for all fitness levels) to the Campus. Rides run from Didcot or Wantage via traffic free routes* through the Oxfordshire countryside. At the end of the ride join us for a free cyclist’s breakfast at DiSH.
If you already commute by cycle join us on one of the guided rides or at DiSH for a free cyclists breakfast.
Just turn up at one of our group rides, suitable for all fitness levels.
- Didcot Parkway, Cycle Hub – Depart 07:50
- Wantage, Nelson Pub – Depart 07:45
Bike Doctor Event
A Bike Doctor surgery will be running from 07:30 to 11:30 at DiSH. If you have a problem with your cycle or need a tune up leave your cycle with the Bike Doctor to fix. Labour is free but any parts will need to be paid for. Work is carried out on a first come first served basis.
- If you are joining the guided rides, please ensure your cycle is road worthy.
- Cycle helmets are not mandatory on guided rides but are recommended.
- Ride leaders for the guided rides will be wearing HarBUG fluorescent jackets.
- Free breakfasts will be available whilst stocks last.
- You must have cycled to the Campus on the day and work on the Campus to be eligible for the free breakfast.
- Please note we will not have access to the Harwell Pavilion at this event.
- Participants join the event at their own risk.
- * Traffic free routes are mostly dedicated shared cycle, walking and horse riding routes however some of the routes may be riding on quiet country lanes.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please help publicise the Cycle to Work day by downloading the poster and displaying on your organisations notice board(s) or send the text document to be used in newsletters or on intranets.